Cavities are painful and bothersome. If you are prone to cavities and you’ve been trying everything you can to deater cavities from taking hold of your teeth’s enamel, it’s time for you to take your prevention of cavities one step further.
- Brush your teeth! To aid your teeth’s enamel in fighting off cavities, it’s always important to brush your teeth! Brushing your teeth will get that sticky plaque off of the nooks and crannies of each tooth to help keep the enamel in healthy shape.
- Floss everyday! Flossing isn’t completed enough, and many people are culprits. Floss your teeth daily to get food debris out from in between your teeth. If the debris stays in your tooth for too long, it can cause cavities and bad breathe.
- Eat healthier! Ingesting healthy food plays a more important role in good dental health than you may realize. Nutritional snacks like veggies and cheese can help to strengthen your teeth. Limit yourself to the amount of sugar you’re eating to prevent plaque from sticking to your pearly whites.
- Visit your dentist regularly! You should be visiting your dentist at least once a year, if not twice if you’re prone to cavities.
- Use mouthrinse in your daily routine! Use a mouthwash that has antimicrobials in it to reduce the amount of plaque that forms. Good mouthwashes to buy include Crest pro Health and Listerine. Use it after you eat and brush.
Stay on top of your dental health with our family dentistry office in Woburn! Make an appointment online with us today!