Toothaches and dental emergencies are something that we hope you never have to experience. Toothaches can easily go hand in hand with a dental emergency, if not become one in itself. Not only can they be very uncomfortably painful to deal with, but they can happen to anyone without signs of that anything inside your mouth is wrong.
But did you know that toothaches can be avoided? By visiting your local dentist once or twice a year, you can do what you can to avoid decay, which can ultimately be the cause of toothaches in the first place. However, we understand that dental emergencies can, and do happen, which is why our team here at Drs. Coakley & Trainor Dental Health Care in Woburn offer many great dental services that you can’t live without!
Are you trying to figure out if you are experiencing a dental emergency? Here’s a list of common dental problems that can be painful, resulting in emergency dental exams:
- Abscess- A localized bacterial infection that can announce itself with localized swelling and pain.
- Cellulitis- Presenting itself with pain, swelling and erythema, cellulitis is a soft tissue bacterial infection that can spread regionally.
- Tooth Fracture- A broken tooth doesn’t always show signs of pain, but they can be painful at times. An exam with x-rays is recommended.
- Tooth Luxation- A loose tooth also requires an exam as well as x-rays. It may also cause some tooth pain.
- Tooth Avulsion- If your tooth has fallen out, it’s called a tooth avulsion. This can be painful and a exam by your dentist is needed.
If you are presenting any of the dental emergencies above, make an appointment with our local dentist in Woburn. Our dental care team is standing by to provide you the pain relief from your toothaches!