What do you know about oral cancer? Did you know that it affects millions of people a year and it is a deadly disease that isn’t brought to attention as much as it should be. In fact, an estimate provided to us from the Oral Cancer Foundation stated that someone in the United States alone, will die every hour from oral cancer. This number is way too high, which is just one reason why our dental care options in Woburn include oral cancer detection.
Although this disease is a highly curable type of cancer, it often goes undetected. Oral cancer can affect not only your mouth, but your lips and throat too. In fact, here are the full signs and symptoms that you need to come in to our dental care office immediately for an oral cancer detection scan.
- Mouth sores that don’t heal
- Lumps in the skin or lining of your mouth, could also present itself as thickening of the skin
- Loose teeth
- Tongue pain
- Constant feeling that something is caught in your throat
- Constant sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing because of pain
- Difficulty chewing food because of pain
- Jaw stiffness and/or pain
- Reddish or white patches on the inside of your mouth
If you have any of the above symptoms or signs, it’s time for you to take charge of your oral health and make an appointment with our reputable dentist in Woburn. Read more about our oral cancer detection and treatments today to learn more.